AAD Connect is very flexible when the organization expands but at the sametime we should make sure the AAD Connect is up-to-date to coupe with the changes.
One of the incident that I’ve encounter may help others.
Issue : Cannot add new connectors to AAD Connect
I wanted to add a new forest to sync up to the Azure AD. All these users are going to be in the same office 365 Tenant.
When i add the connector (Microsoft way – Using AAD Connect wizard), I get the following error
When i check the logs,
- Checked the ports to see if the domain is reachable
- Made sure the domain name is resolved to the right ip’s
- The schema made be feel that, the service account doesn’t have rights on the forest that is being added
- Checked the permisisons – it is all good
- Changed the permission to Domain admin
- Adding new connector
- Added a new connector manually (click the new connector from Synchronization service console)
- Pointed to the forest
- When i did the right-click and “Search Connector space”, i can see all the objects from the domain (it wont sync anyway as the sync rule wont get populated, if you use “Create” connector)
At this point, i understood that it is not a problem with the forest that i’m trying to add.
I ran the wizard without adding the connector, i got the same error. So this proves that there is an issue with the existing connector.
I ran refresh schema on all the existing connector. I found one of the connector had a schema changes which wasn’t picked up by the AAD Connect (One of the forest administrator installed Exchange server in their infrastructure)
After refreshing the schema, i ran the wizard, it went like a charm.